We are off to Chicago in the morning! The kids were so excited to pack for "bacation." There was even a tussle over suitcases, until we talked Gilbey into borrowing Daddy's. The kids are now packed. The bathrooms are clean. And we only have a million things left to do in order to get on the road at a decent time in the morning.
We are headed to Niagara Falls tomorrow. Then on to Cleveland (maybe?) and should arrive in Chicago on Monday. Jason's parents are nicely putting us up for a week while we visit. Steve and Johnnie are on a mission this year and are running an employment center for the LDS church. It will be nice to see what they are doing and spend some time with them in a city we've never visited before.
The house is coming along. So far we've-
-installed laminate flooring in the kitchen (still need to put in new mouldings)
-painted the boys bedroom orange and blue
-sanded and painted the "office" (painting paneling kinda sucks!)
-Jason attempted cleaning out the gutters, but only got one done on the garage. This will be his project when we get back.
-had replacement windows installed (If anyone wants a recommendation, the guy that did ours was awesome!)
The fence is slated to go up the week we get back from Pennsylvania. Did I mention that after Chicago, we are heading to York via Bloomington, Indiana? Yeah- 40 hours in the car with 2 kids over 2 weeks. The DVD player should come in handy! Anyone want to have a drink with me when I get back?!?!?!
I promise to have pictures and video of the house and kids when we get back. I just have to find the time between unpacking, organizing, registering for school, doctor and dental visits, work, etc. Can you tell I'm a mom?
In Gilbey's words, "Ready I come, Here me not!!!"
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a great trip. Chicago is is an awesome place for kids. Be sure you get to The Navy Pier with the boys - especially Friday night. I believe that they still have fireworks every Fri. night there during the summer.
ReplyDeleteHave fun! We really enjoyed Chicago and being with mom and dad.
ReplyDelete